Friday, December 5, 2008

deck the halls...

What a productive day! Today Tommy had the day off and we made the most of it. I woke up early and e-mailed my assessments off to Doctrina Tutoring. Once Tommy woke up he put up Christmas lights on our house and we loaded up all of our recyclables (cans and plastic) into his SUV. It would have been more efficient if he had a truck, but we did the best we could with what we have. We went to Sombrero's for lunch...doesn't even compare to Karla's Mexican Food. Then we took the recyclables to the recycling center and $65 dollars later we were on our way to smog Tommy's car, which took an hour. While we were waiting we walked across the street to the Cadillac dealership and looked at cars. Finally, we went home and decorated the house. Tommy hung a picture on our wall that needed to be hung for a few months. I put out a snow scene and our stockings are hung on our mantle. Now I am getting ready to go to Sea World for their Passmember preview night. Yeah! I get my 2008 ornament to add to my collection. Tomorrow we're getting our Christmas tree and putting up all of our ornaments. Then the boxes can go back in the garage until after new year's. I love the Christmas season...
My grandma crocheted me this before she passed away. She made a tub full of crocheted Christmas tree skirts, blankets, and baby toys for each of her 4 grandchildren.This is my first year I get to use it!
Kristen and I at Sea World

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as you can see, i'm catching up on all your blogs... and enjoying it :) so you guys recycled and got 65 bucks! dang! you must've had a grip-load of bottles and cans. james and i went on sunday to recycle and we got 11 bucks back! your house looks great by the way! great job on the decorating thus far :)