Saturday, November 1, 2008

mmm...

...apple pie! So, I baked my first apple pie the other day. I got the inspiration after my aunt baked one for my grandparents 66th wedding anniversary. Mine tasted delicious (says Tommy) but it was too runny. I used 4 apples (3 from Idaho and 1 from Albertsons). When I made the dry mixture it looked like a lot, but I used it all because that's what the recipe called for. I also added butter under the top crust. I don't think I could have used less apples, because then the pie wouldn't be plump. Do you know why my pie was so runny? Does anyone have a good apple pie recipe...John and Rachel?

4 comments:

Chad, Dilenna, Ashlynn, and Audree said...

You should use about 6 or 7 apples, 1/4 cup flour, 1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar, some cinnamon and nutmeg. I usually don't put butter under the crust. I got this recipe from Betty Crocker. Good luck!

Rachel said...

runniness also depends on the apple types, whether they are juicy or drier apples.

Lenore said...

I talked with my uncle and he said that the apples from Idaho are real juicy and not really used for baking...that explains it! :)

The Lewis Family said...

I don't care how runny your pie was, it looks really really good! I don't think I've made apple pie before either, maybe I'll try... I think I made it a long time ago when I was a kid with my grandma, but not on my own...